Your inside access to the Delaware State University softball team. Posts from coaches, players and support staff.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

DSU Softball Team Fall 2016
Thanksgiving is just a few days away and our team is gearing up to celebrate the holiday with their family and friends. This is a time when local players welcome our west coast players into there homes, as they often do not have the opportunity to travel home. We are so thankful to have a group of young women that truly care for each other. They have big hearts for each other and truly exemplify what it means to be family, better yet what it means to be sisters. As we celebrate thanksgiving we have asked the players to share what they are thankful for this year.

"I am grateful for my dreams because they push me to do and accomplish things that I never would have been able to do without them. I am grateful for my family. For my parents who taught me to dream. My siblings who help me realize my dreams. My friends who share my dreams with me. I am grateful for being able to live a healthy successful life and experience things I've never though possible. Finally, I am grateful for meeting so many people who have enriched my life."- Sabrina Quarles OF

"The most important thing I'm thankful for is my family and the love and support they have given me my whole life and I'm also thankful for the opportunity to play D1 softball at DSU and continue my education."- Kaleigh Berry OF

"I am thankful for my family and my health and my friends."- Vanessa Washington C/DH

"I am thankful for my loving family, life long friends, and the opportunities that have been granted to me."- Khaliyah Flournory OF

"I am thankful for my loving and supportive family as well as having the opportunity to play Division 1 softball on the east coast."- Jasmine Melgoza 3B/2B

We also asked our very dedicated graduate assistants what they were thankful for this holiday season. This is what they had to say.

"I am thankful for the opportunity to work with an awesome team."- Coach Simon

"I am most thankful for my family who supports me from so far away and also my friends who keep my life so exhilarating."- Coach Chloe

Thank you so much for your continued support of the Delaware State University Softball Program. We are all very thankful for each and every one of you.

No comments: