Your inside access to the Delaware State University softball team. Posts from coaches, players and support staff.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Where are they now? Chelsea Stern

Owings, Maryland native Chelsea Stern had an excellent career at Delaware State University from 2009-2012. She proudly wore #5 and spent her playing time in the Outfield. She graduated in 2012 with a degree in Criminal Justice and is pursing her career goal of becoming a police officer. 

Chelsea finished career with a .972 fielding percentage. In 2011 she lead the team in walks (14) and finished 3rd on the team in stolen bases (7). She boasted a .354 batting average in 2010 with a .441 on-base percentage. 

We interviewed Chelsea to see where she is now.

What did you do after graduating?

"After graduation I began working Asset Protection at Target, waiting for my time to try and be a police officer." She now resides in Ownigs, Maryland.

Accomplishments at DSU?


"I made some great memories at DSU. I like to teach by example and one of my favorite memories is seeing a little girl's Little League card with her favorite player as me. I may not have played a lot, but that didn't mean I wasn't always working hard at practice. I always cheered on my teammates and helped anyway I could; even of that meant being a bullpen catcher for the pitchers to warm up!"

Tell us about some of your favorite moments at DSU.


"Favorite memories were anytime that I was with my teammates. They became my life long friends. We all get together every now and then and just catch up and reminisce about the good ol days! Being a D1 athlete and a full-time student has set me up for success in the real world. DSU has helped me manage my time and playing softball has helped me always work hard in the professional field."

Before DSU, Chelsea attended Northern High School in Owings, Maryland where she earned county Softball Player of the Year, First Team All-SMAC, and First Team All-Met honors her senior season. She helped lead her team to a regional and state title her senior year. Chelsea also excelled at soccer in high school, earning First Team All-County and First Team All-SMAC honors her junior year and winning a regional title her senior year.

No comments: